How To Make Bubble Tea At Home
I bet you just can’t walk past a bubble tea shop without having a sudden craving to just have one of the sweetest cold beverage with chewy tapioca pearls. But what if the sudden craving of having it arises in the middle of the night? Don’t worry!
Fortunately, Bubble Tea is extremely easy to make at home. There is manyBubble Tea Supplier who provides Bubble Tea at the best price. You can take from there too but here you need to know how to make Bubble Tea at Home. Before beginning with the recipe, let’s have a quick look at what Bubble Tea is all about.
Bubble Tea is a Taiwanese tea-based beverage that was invented in Taichung in the 1980s. It is traditionally a milk tea with chewy tapioca balls settled at the bottom.
Although Bubble Tea has its roots in Taiwan it has become a popular drink in the US as well.
The reason that it is called Bubble Tea is that a froth appears on the top of the drink as a result of shaking it with ice, Bubble Tea also has alternative names like Pearl Milk Tea, Boba Milk Tea, Boba Tea or Tapioca Tea.
How To Make Bubble Tea
- ¼ th cup of dried tapioca pearls per serving
- 1-2 tea bags of any kind per serving
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup milk or almond milk or few tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- Fruit Juice, Frozen Fruits (to be blended like a smoothie)
- Measuring Bowls
- For every ¼th boba, measure 2 cups of water into a saucepan. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add the boba pearls and continue to boil. Stir occasionally for 15 minutes until they begin floating to the top of the water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the boba for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the pan from heat and cover it. Let the tapioca pearls sit for another 12-15 minutes.
- While the boba pearls are resting make a simple sugar syrup to sweeten them.
- Put ½ cup of water in another saucepan and boil it over high heat.
- Now, put ½ cup of sugar in it and stir over medium heat until the sugar gets dissolved. Set it aside to cool.
- Boil 1 cup of water. Remove it from heat and add the tea bag. (For regular strength Bubble Tea use 1 tea bag and for strong strength Bubble Tea use 2 tea bags. Remove the tea bags after 15 minutes and let it cool.
- After the boba pearls have finished cooking, drain them from the water and gently transfer them to a bowl.
- Pour the sugar syrup on the top of the boba pearls until they are totally submerged. Keep it aside for 15 minutes in the room temperature.
- Take a glass, pour the prepared tea into the glass and then add the boba pearls. If you want creamy bubble tea, you can add milk, almond milk or condensed milk. For juicy bubble tea, you can add fruit juice or smoothie of frozen fruits.
- To sweeten the taste, add the sugar syrup.
- If you want to cook boba immediately, just cook your boba for 5-10 minutes and use them as soon as they are cool.
- If you want to have very chilled bubble tea, combine the tea, milk/juice in a cocktail shaker. Add a few ice cubes and shake it for 20 seconds. Pour it into a glass and then add the boba pearls.
- Although boba taste best when they used within few hours of cooking, if you are unable to consume all of the boba that you cooked, don’t worry because you can refrigerate with simple sugar syrup for many days.
So what are you waiting for?
- The ingredients are here, the recipe is here and also the top tips are here. Go ahead and give yourself a refreshing treat of homemade Bubble Tea. You can use milk tea powder to make Milk tea.